The Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Hospital
July 09, 2010
The Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Hospital comprised:
the Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Dispensary (Tranquil Terrace),
the Tunbridge Wells and West Kent Public Homeopathic Dispensary (opposite Christ Church, High Street),
All four dispensaries eventually came together to become the Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Hospital in 1902,
1854 - The Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Dispensary opened at Tranquil Terrace,
1863 - the Tunbridge Wells **and West Kent Public **Homeopathic Dispensary opened and moved to opposite Christ Church, High Street, Tunbridge Wells,
1868 - The Tunbridge Wells and West Kent Public Homeopathic Dispensary comprised the following staff members:
Vice President: John Field JP
Treasurer: G L Martin,
Management Committee: J D Bourdillon, Brackett, Arthur Thomas Cotton, J Gurdon, J E Huxley, J Isard, Rev. J D Money, W C Morland, F Norman, J D Cramer Roberts, Scholes, J H Sharp, Fulwar Charles Skipwith, Stephens, J Trueman, Clement Wilkinson, E O Wollaston, Captain Wood JP,
1869 - the Tunbridge Wells Parade Homeopathic Dispensary opened and incorporated the Tonbridge and Southborough United Public Homeopathic Dispensary, at Tunbridge Wells Parade,
President: Captain Wetherell JP ,
Vice Presidents: Townsend Hook, Frederick Howard Pullein,
Management Committee: Rev. J Allnutt, F E Bingley, C J Christmas, G L Crosse, J Gordon, W P Jones, F Norman, G Palmer, H Slatter, Rev. John Stroud, R N Taylor, Rev. James Watney,
1902 - the dispensaries and hospital then became the Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Hospital in Church Street (Pantiles), Tunbridge Wells in 1902 – the freehold of this property being purchased by Francis Gray Smart,
1908 - the Annual Report of the Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Hospital was published in the British Homeopathic Review Volume 47,
1924 - A new wing was added to the **Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Hospital **in 1924, named as a Memorial to Francis Gray Smart, with further extensions added in 1930.
1985 - Llewelyn Ralph Twentyman was a Physician at the hospital,
1999 - Nick Avery was a physician at the hospital,
2000 - Anne Clover and Sophia Clarke were Physicians at the hospital,
2000 - Patient benefit survey: Tunbridge Wells Homoeopathic Hospital. Clover Anne. Homeopathic Hospital, Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom. British Homeopathic Journal 2000 Apr;89(2):68-72.
We report an outcome study concerning patients treated by homeopathic medicine at the Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Hospital for the whole of 1997. The study aimed to assess: (a) the range of diagnoses presented by patients, and (b) patients’ own impressions of benefit. 1372 questionnaires were completed by patients after consultations to record their impressions of the effects of homeopathic treatment. Patients were asked to score their responses on a + 3 to - 3 scale. The three main diagnostic groups were, dermatology, musculo-skeletal disorders, and malignant disease, especially carcinoma of the breast. Overall, 74% of patients recorded positive benefits, with 55% recording scores of + 3 or + 2.
2004 - Christine Suppelt was trained at the hospital,
2009 - The Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Hospital was closed on 1.4.2009 following a vitriolic campaign against homeopathy. The hospital saw approximately 1000 patients in its last year at a cost of £160,000, and the homeophobic campaigners cold bloodedly ignored the many thousands of supporters who fought vigorously to save the hospital,
24.11.14 - Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust Health Records informed me today that no records older than 8 years are kept by the Health Record archives and the records from this historic hospital older that 8 years have been destroyed, which is standard NHS policy.